- Eucalyptus cultivated forest typology
- Eucalyptus Regeneration Treatments (harvest timing, coppice cycles, cutting height, harvest coupe allocation, treatment and uses for harvest residues)
- Eucalyptus Improvement Treatments (shoot selection, soil preparation, understorey control, thinnings, pruning, fertilization, phytosanitary measures)
- Eucalyptus Growth & Productivity (site index, tree stocking, harvest cycles)
- Social & Environmental Impacts of Eucalyptus plantations
A new booklet summarizing the silvicultural techniques applied to Eucalyptus globulus in Spain has been recently published as part of the new Spanish Silviculture Compendium (+1000 pages of useful tree talk delivered by Rafael Serrada and his team).
Today we bring you the chapter for E. globulus, which was separately edited by ENCE forestry researchers Gabriel Toval, Gustavo López, Federico Ruíz & Reyes Alejano, and which you can download as a PDF (a courtesy of Wikisilva - Universidade de Vigo).
Eucalyptus globulus Silviculture in Spain
(Click image to enlarge)
Ruiz F; López G; Toval G & Alejano R (2008) Selvicultura de Eucalyptus globulus Labill. en "Compendio de Selvicultura Aplicada en España" Ed. Serrada R; Montero G; Reque JA; INIA & Fundacion del Conde del Valle de Salazar. p. 117-154
Summary of Contents
A courtesy of Wikisilva - Aula de Silvicultura
Contact us / Subscribe to Eucalyptologics
Contact GIT Forestry Consulting - Eucalyptologics
© 2007-2008 Gustavo Iglesias Trabado. Please contact us if you want to use all or part of this text and photography elsewhere. We like to share, but we do not like rudeness.